MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) POLICY
To protect the investment of our dealers and Bioscience Formulators’ brand reputation, we have created a MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICE / AMAZON POLICY (“MAP Policy”). Bioscience Formulators established this MAP Policy in consideration that reseller advertising and sales practices that promote Bioscience Formulators products primarily on the basis of price could be harmful to Bioscience Formulators’ brand, reputation and competitiveness, and allow some resellers to take advantage of the efforts of others. Bioscience Formulators believes that these practices are unfair and thus discourages such efforts.
Bioscience Formulators, in its unilateral discretion, will not do business with any reseller, as to the products covered by this MAP Policy, if that reseller intentionally advertises any MAP Product below its MAP price or otherwise violates the terms of this policy.
For these reasons, Bioscience Formulators has acted unilaterally to establish the following policy with respect to the pricing of Neural Balance and/or any future products manufactured by Bioscience Formulators:
- 1. Bioscience Formulators permits a discount of up to 20% off full retail per bottle.
Bioscience Formulators reserves the right to update or modify this permissible discount at any time.
- 2. All Products listed will have a MAP retail price. Listing a price other than the MAP
retail price next to the featured MAP Product in any advertising will be viewed as
a violation of this MAP Policy. This MAP Policy applies to all advertisement of MAP Products in any and all media, including, without limitation, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines catalogs, mail order catalogs, internet or similar electronic media including websites, forums, email newsletters, email solicitations, television, radio, and public signage. Such website features as “Click for price”, automated “bounce – back” pricing e-mails, pre-formatted e-mail responses, forms, automatic price display for any items prior to being placed in a customer’s shopping cart, and other similar features are considered to be communications initiated by the reseller (rather than by the customer) and this constitutes “advertising” under this MAP Policy. This MAP Policy also applies to any activity, which Bioscience Formulators determines, in its sole discretion, is designed or intended to circumvent the intent of this MAP Policy, such as solicitations for ‘group purchases’ and the like.
- 3. MAP retail price shall mean the stated price less all discounts, allowances, coupons, and the value of any free goods or services with Bioscience Formulators products or anything that translates into an immediate price reduction, where the cumulative effect would be to reduce the advertised price of any MAP Product below MAP.
- 4. It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise in general that the reseller has “the lowest prices” or will match or beat its competitors’ prices, or to use similar phrases; so long as the reseller does not include any advertised price below MAP and otherwise complies with this MAP Policy.
- 5. From time to time, as determined by Bioscience Formulators, a limited (both by time and quantity) promotion or sale may be offered after obtaining written permission from Bioscience Formulators. Allowable discounts shall be outlined at that time.
- 6. From time to time Bioscience Formulators may offer a direct manufacturer’s rebate to customer In such events, it shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise the availability of the manufacturer’s rebate, provided that (a) the advertisement include a MAP- compliant price, the rebate amount, and the net price after manufacturer’s rebate in the same type size and style; (b) an asterisk is placed next to the net price after manufacturer’s rebate; and (c) the “*After manufacturer’s rebate” appears in the same area of the advertisement as the advertised product.
RE: Amazon and other third party websites
Resellers may only sell Bioscience Formulators items through brick and mortar locations defined as: vitamin/health/nutrition stores or through clinics, health practitioners’ practices or on their own company website. Website must clearly be connected to reseller and their brick and mortar location. Resellers may not sell Bioscience Formulators items on, through, or in conjunction with any third- party sites such as but not limited to: Amazon, Walmart.com, Ebay.com, Jet.com, Groupon.com, Letgo.com, etc.
Bioscience Formulators reserves the right to change the minimum retail price or other policies upon
30 days notice.
Bioscience Formulators will make any changes to its current minimum retail price or other policies known by means of its website and other appropriate means.
BIOSCIENCE FORMULATORS WILL UNILATERALLY CEASE DOING BUSINESS WITH ANY PARTY THAT VIOLATES THIS POLICY.